The Gallagher Law Group concentrates its practice exclusively on representing individuals with workplace issues in Pennsylvania.
After 15 years of representing major corporations in employment litigation, John A. Gallagher opened the Firm in 2006, and since that time has represented only employees.
Mr. Gallagher has received a "Distinguished" rating from Martindale Hubbel, a "Superb (10 out of 10)" rating from lawyer review service Avvo and in 2009 was voted a "Top Employment Lawyer" by his peers, as published by Main Line Today Magazine. In 2010, he was identified as an "Awesome Employment Lawyer" by SuburbanLife Main Line Magazine. Philadelphia-area CEOs (his adversaries) selected him as an "Elite Employment Lawyer" in the December 2010 edition of SmartCEO Magazine. He has handled hundreds of matters, a sampling of which are found in his Case Summaries.
John's articles on a variety of employment law issues have been published in national publications such as TLNT.com, HollywoodNews.com, YouTubenews.com, HuffingtonPost.com , imbd.com and FMLA-Law.com, among many others. In addition he has been cited as a credible source in articles on employment law by publishers such as Monster.com.
Client commentaries concerning Mr. Gallagher's representation in a wide variety of matters can be reviewd by Clicking Here.
Mr. Gallagher is an experienced trial lawyer. This experience enables him to develop strategies allowing clients to reach satisfactory resolutions to their problems without resort to costly and time-consuming litigation. Contact the Gallagher Law Group today and we will evaluate how we may be of service to you at no charge.
As a Greater Philadelphia Employment lawyer with central locations, Mr. Gallagher can service clients throughout Southeastern Pennsylvania. Some of his most notable reported decisions are:
* Whitman v. Proconex , 2009 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 2930 (E.D. Pa. 2009) (denying summary judgment to defendant and granting plaintiff right to proceed to trial on FMLA case);
* Scholly v. JMK Plastering, Inc., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 49958 (E.D. Pa. 2008) (upholding employee's right to sue for wrongful discharge where employer terminates employee in retaliation for employee's informal complaint for overtime);
* Karedes v. Gannett Company, Inc., et al, 423 F.3rd 107 (2nd Cir. 2005) (obtaining reversal of decisions dismissing libel and defamation claims on behalf of public figure);
* Northwestern Human Services v. Panaccio, 2005 WL 1353609 (E.D. Pa.) (obtaining dismissal of civil RICO action against accountant);
* John L. Karedes v. Colella, 100 N.Y.2d 45, 760 N.Y.S.2d 84, 790 N.E.2d 257 (2003) (highest State Court in New York reversing appellate decision and reinstating trial court finding that municipal employment contract valid and enforceable).
* Louis J. Karedes v. Village of Endicott, 297 A.D.2d 413, 746 N.Y.S.2d 96, (N.Y.A.D. 3 Dept., Aug 01, 2002) (affirming trial court's decision holding "midnight hour, lame duck" municipal employment contract binding on successors and thus valid and enforceable);
* Bethel v. McAllister Brothers, Inc., 81 F.3d 376 (3d Cir. 1996) (in case involving libel/drug testing of employee, court upheld trial court's decision to grant new trial on basis of fraud).
Prior to forming his own law firm, Mr. Gallagher practiced commercial and employment litigation in the prominent Norristown law firm of High, Swartz, Roberts & Seidel from 1996 to 2006. Prior to working for High Swartz, Mr. Gallagher was an associate in the mid-sized Philadelphia law firm of Harvey, Pennington, Herting & Renneisen LLC, practicing in the areas of commercial litigation, employment and negligence litigation, and labor relations.
Mr. Gallagher has handled a number of high-profile matters. He has appeared on Wally Kennedy - Live and has seen a number of his cases featured in publications such as The Philadelphia Inquirer, The Philadelphia Business Journal, The Legal Intelligencer, The Montgomery County Times Herald, The West Chester Daily Local and The Binghamton Press & Sun Bulletin (New York). He has also discussed his cases on more than one occasion on all of the evening news programs and radio stations serving the Philadelphia region, as well as several media outlets serving the Southern Tier of New York. He has published numerous articles on a variety of topics, and is regularly consulted by suburban newspapers to obtain his views on civil rights issues.
In 1991, Mr. Gallagher graduated cum laude from New England Law School, located in downtown Boston. While at New England, Mr. Gallagher was twice given the New England Scholar Award and was a Senior Editor on the Law Review. He was on the Dean' s List each semester.
Mr. Gallagher resides in Willistown with his wife Katherine Lane. Together, they have 7 children, Dylan, Amanda, Charles, Sam, Dani, Kalli and Olivia. Dylan and Amanda are graduates of the University of Pittsburgh, while the rest attend the Great Valley School District. John has coached many activities, including girls and boys basketball, soccer and softball/baseball.